This Burger Recipe covers everything needed to make delicious veggie burgers from scratch. No veggie burger is complete without its own special sauce, so we have included instruction on how to make the perfect tangy, sweet and spicy mayonnaise to add more flavor. Our easy burgers will help you to become a pro in making homemade delicious burgers. A veg burger can be made with beans, lentils, chickpeas, tofu, paneer and a mix of different veggies. We experimented with many recipes and came up with this perfect and tasty recipe. Once you understand the basic ingredients required for a moist patty, you can make your own by simply using the ingredients you love the most like aloo tikka burger, veg tikki burger, sweet potato burger, cheese burger, paneer burger, tofu burger and many more. You don’t need to add meat or fat to make a perfect patty.
After making this recipe you will definitely say a homemade veg burger is much more tasty than the ones from the fast food places. When you eat this burger you will be surprised to find crispy flavorful moist patties sandwiched and sautéed vegetables mixed with mayo between soft toasted buns. This veggie patty burger is far better than store bought patties. We all know it takes some time to make homemade veggie patties at home but they are so much better that store bought ones, so it totally worth the wait. It is one of the biggest challenge to make veg patties and hold them together.
- Capsicum- 1/2 cup chopped
- Onion-1/2 cup chopped
- Carrot- ½ cup chopped
- Cabbage- ½ cup grated
- Potato- 5 medium size
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder-1 ½ tsp
- Salt- as per your taste
- Italian seasoning- 1 tsp
- Ginger paste-1/2 tbsp
- Garlic powder- 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1tsp
- Water as required
For Assembling the Veg Burger, required as per the burger count:
- Cucumber Slices
- Tomato Slices.
- Thin Paneer Slices.
- Onion Slices.
- Cabbage Slices.
We will be making this burger in 2 parts. In the first part we make burger patties and the other one is assembling. We start by boiling the potatoes and saute the vegetables and mash them with potatoes and make patties out of it. And then shallow fry the patties at one time. This sill save a lot of time rather than frying them one by one. 2nd part is just assembling. So let’s see the detailed recipe.
- Start by chopping vegetable into small pieces, I like to use carrot, onion, capsicum, paneer, cabbage, you can use veggies of your choice.
- Pour 3 to 4 cups of water in a pot/cooker/steamer. Bring to a boil on a medium heat than add 3 potatoes and boil them.
- After the potatoes are boiled peel and mash them.
- Take a pan add ½ tbsp oil heat it up on a medium flame. Add chopped veggies in the oil and saute them for 2 minutes until they are soft.
- Now add half of the sauteed veggies to the mashed potatoes and mix them well.
- Add red chilli flakes, coriander powder, salt, Italian seasoning, ginger paste, garlic powder, garam masala powder in the mashed potatoes and veggies.
- Make 4 to 5 patties out of it. The size of patty depends on the size of burger bun you are using.
How to shallow fry patties for Veg Burger:
- Before frying the patties you need to make a cornflour paste to make your patties more crispier.
- Take ½ cup of cornflour add water to it and make a thick paste out of it.
- Spread 1 cup of bread crumps in a plate.
- Take a Kadahi heat it on high flame and add oil to shallow fry the patties.
- Pick 1 patty and dip it in cornflour paste and then put it in bread crumps make sure the patty is covered with bread crumps and then add your patties and shallow fry them until they are golden brown and crispy or you can deep fry them.
How to make eggless mayonnaise
Milk- 1/4th cup
Oil- ½ cup
Vinegar- 1 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
How to make it:
- Take 1/4thcup of milk and 1/2 cup of oil put them separately in a fridge for 20 minutes.
- Take a mixing jar or a food processor and add ice cold milk.
- Add 1tsp of vinegar, ½ tsp of sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper powder. ( you can use tomato ketchup, chipotle or any flavoring you like I am using black pepper)
- Blend them in a mixing jar or food processor. And slowly start adding the oil. Don’t add all of it at one time. Pour it slowly while the food processor is on. If you are using a mixer jar then first turn off the mixer and then add small portion of oil and start mixing it again.
- After adding whole amount of oil you will see the milk now turned into a cream like consistency. Taste it and adjust the flavoring according to your taste.
Your egg less mayonnaise is ready.
- Now take the remaining sautéed vegetables and add 4-5 tbsp of mayonnaise and mix them well (You can also make sandwiches with this veggie and mayo stuffing).
It’s time to assemble the Veg burger:
- Take a burger bun slice it into 2 parts and toast it from both sides using butter or ghee or you can use oil as well but butter makes it more tastier.
- Spread some mint green chutney on inner sides of one part and tomato ketchup on the other part.
- Then place the patty and spread the veggie and mayo spread over the veg patty.
- Put a cheese, cumber, tomato slices over it.
- Place the top part of your bun and your veg patty burger is ready to serve.
Serve it with a cheese dip or tomato ketchup.